Is this your dream job?
Propriometrics Press, a dynamic big-idea publisher working mainly in the health/wellness category, is seeking a highly motivated, skilled individual who loves books, publicity, marketing, and making people’s lives better. Our preference is someone on the gorgeous Olympic Peninsula; working remotely from elsewhere in Washington State or the PNW is a close second. The job is for a fixed number of hours (18 per week, $30 per hour), with some scheduled days and some flexibility on when the hours happen—leaving you time to move about outside.
- Spearheading publicity and marketing for our small but mighty list and backlist
- Seeking out and securing PR and marketing opportunities
- Developing and sustaining excellent media relations in health and wellness, science, and “big-idea” markets
- Writing monthly company blog posts, press materials and managing publicity mailings
- Coordinating author events/appearances, including author travel and bookstore communication
- Researching and updating media contacts
- Running social media (creating posts and publishing 1-2 times weekly, minimum)
- Communicating effectively with authors and publicity, marketing, sales, and creative teams
- Handling foreign rights communications with agent
- Giving feedback on website needs (regularly assess “how we look” to the world via our website)
- Publicity and/or publishing industry experience
- Familiarity and love of nature, outdoors, exercise, movement, and fitness
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Responsiveness to changing needs and priorities and ability to juggle many tasks
- Competency in using all major social media channels in a fun and engaging way
- Team-player attitude with an independently driven work ethic
- Experience with Dropbox and Word, InDesign and Photoshop experience a bonus!
If you are interested in this position, please send an email with attached resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the email please include a short note about your experience, and tell us your location!