As Propriometrics Press continues to grow and we gear up to launch a few new titles (keep up with our website and our Twitter and Instagram profiles for updates!), we are hoping to add a new publisher to our team—someone who can oversee projects, timelines, and big-picture stuff. See below for more information and our requirements!
Propriometrics Press is seeking a publisher for our dynamic and exciting non-fiction micropress. We want someone motivated, with keen marketing and business sense, excellent communication skills, and a lot of vision. This position will take approximately 20-30 hours a week, with flexible hours that accommodate busy periods and lulls. We are located in the Pacific Northwest; local candidates a plus. You would be overseeing a small team making a big impact; our backlist is full of bestsellers and award-winners.
Your tasks would include:
- Managing budgets for backlist promotions, reprints, and new books
- Liaising with our foreign rights agent, distributor, and printer on all tasks
- Keeping big-picture schedules on track, including lead time for marketing and promotions
- Managing our editorial, production, and promotions staff
- Creating and leading marketing initiatives for front and backlist
- Helping to plan and organize author events and book tours
- Bringing new book ideas to the table
- At least 5 years’ experience in book publishing, including at least 1 year in a senior management position, as a publisher preferred
- A thorough and proven skill with book marketing and promotions
- Contacts at major publications for review
- A passion for making thought-provoking books that aim to shift our culture into a more sustainable, human-movement-based future
- An understanding of the Propriometrics backlist and mandate, and a keen eye for next steps
Please submit a cover letter, detailed CV, and a thorough marketing plan you created and implemented for an existing book to Penelope at email@example.com.