MOVE YOUR DNA: RESTORE YOUR HEALTH THROUGH NATURAL MOVEMENT (EXPANDED EDITION)
BY KATY BOWMAN
A new expanded edition of the bestselling Move Your DNA. Now with an exercise glossary and three-level exercise program!
Accessible and fascinating, Move Your DNA is a game-changer in the world of health, fitness, and movement science. Hailed as offering a pioneering and paradigm-shifting perspective on exercise, this book:
- explains how movement works right down to the cellular level
- examines the differences between the movements in a typical hunter-gatherer’s life and the movements in a convenience-riddled lifestyle
- discusses the issues with using exercise like movement vitamins instead of addressing the deeper issue of a poor movement diet
- contains a three-level movement program to help those of all strengths and fitness levels transition to a movement-rich lifestyle
Move Your DNA contains corrective exercises, habit modifications, and simple lifestyle changes to free ourselves from the diseases of affluence and discover our naturally healthy, reflex-driven selves.
From couch potatoes to professional athletes, new parents to seniors, readers love Katy’s humorous, passionate, and above all science-based guide to restoring your body through natural movement.
“Move Your DNA is a landmark in explaining biomechanics.”
– Dr. Joan Vernikos, former director of NASA’s Life Sciences Division and author of Sitting Kills, Moving Heals.
Part biomechanist, part science communicator, and full-time mover, Katy Bowman has educated hundreds of thousands of people on the role movement plays in the body and in the world. Blending a scientific approach with straight talk about sensible, whole-life movement solutions, her website and award-winning podcast, Katy Says, reach hundreds of thousands of people every month, and thousands have taken her live classes.
Her books, the bestselling Move Your DNA, Movement Matters, and Diastasis Recti, Dynamic Aging, Simple Steps to Foot Pain Relief, Don’t Just Sit There, Whole Body Barefoot, Alignment Matters, and Every Woman’s Guide to Foot Pain Relief, have been critically acclaimed and translated worldwide.
Passionate about human movement outside of exercise, Katy volunteers her time to support the larger reintegration of move-ment into human lives by providing movement courses across widely varying demographics and working with non-profits promoting nature education. She also directs and teaches at the Nutritious MovementTM Center Northwest in Washington state, travels the globe to teach Nutritious Movement courses in person, and spends as much time outside as possible with her husband and children.