Learn how to get kids—from babies to preteens—and their families moving more, together, outside.
PUBLISHER’S BONUS OFFER: GOOD THROUGH APRIL 25th!
(Sorry, U.S. and Canada addresses only!)
When you pre-order Grow Wild from the publisher you’ll also receive…
• A downloadable, printable checklist with 30 ideas for including more movement and nature in your child’s (or grandchild’s, or friend’s) life. Download it right now and hang it on the fridge to get moving before the book’s even out!
• One free ticket to a live, online book launch party and Q&A with Katy on May 7th, 2021. We’ll have more fantastic prizes to give away so be sure to sign up using the code in your book purchase receipt! Ask Katy questions and interact with our Grow Wild community.
• One raffle entry in a draw to win a one-hour private consultation with Katy via phone or video chat! She’ll brainstorm specific-to-you ideas on how to get your family moving more, how to rearrange your house for more movement, or anything else you want her input on! One entry for every book purchased.
U.S. ADDRESSES: SPECIAL “VITAMIN COMMUNITY” OFFER If you have a group or organization that can benefit from reading Grow Wild, we have a group discount! Order a case of 14 books (regularly $447) and save 30% AND receive one entry into a second drawing: the winner will receive a one-hour online presentation to your group by Katy. One entry per case of books ordered.
This is an essential guide to kids’ movement for everyone who cares for kids: parents, relatives, teachers, health professionals, and more.
Human movement is at an all-time low, and our children are currently facing both a movement and a nature deficiency, with physical, mental, and environmental consequences.
The good news is, while the problem feels massive, the solution is quite simple…and fun!
“Stack your life” for richer experiences that don’t take more time by learning how to:
• Change your home’s “movement rules”
• Dress for (movement) success
• Add snacktivities to your meals
• Create a dynamic homework space
• Bring nature into your home and play
• Plan a dynamic celebration
• And much more!
There are countless movement opportunities wherever you live; learn how to spot them! Grow Wild includes full-color photographs, stories from families in a wide array of environments (urban, rural, suburban, and around the world!), and in-depth “study sessions” for those interested in the research behind the book.
Children and their families can thrive by learning to move more inside, adventure more outside, and grow wild in any environment.
Publication Date: May 3, 2021
200+ color photographs
Pre-sale books ship very end of April!
When will the book ship?
Katy will be packing up the books and walking them to the post office between the end of April and first day of May. (Note: We’ve done our best to account for any pandemic shipping delays but as we’ve learned over the past year, all of our timelines may get messed up.)
What if I don’t have time to read the book before the launch?
No problem! There’s no homework, just a ton of ideas on how to introduce more movement to kids in all kinds of settings.
Why can’t I order if I live outside the U.S. or Canada?
Shipping and taxes on this (heavy) book are expensive! Wait and order it locally. All our books are available through BookDepository or your favorite bookstore. Or, you can get the e-book or audio version on the publication date, May 3rd.
Will there be an e-book and/or audiobook version?
Yes and yes! These will both be available in May.
Is there any other way to get a ticket to the book party and Q&A? I want to attend but I live outside the U.S./Canada, or I’m buying from another source, or I only want the e-book/audiobook.
Yes! Anyone can buy a $10 ticket! Register here.
Is there any other way to get an entry into the draws?
Yes. If you don’t want to order a book but would like an entry for a chance to win a private consultation or presentation for your organization, email email@example.com and include “ENTRY FOR DRAWING” in the subject line and the raffle you’d like to be entered in within the body of the email.